The service “Chief Tools” is offered over the internet in the form of Software-as-a-Service by the company Alboweb B.V. trading as Chief Tools which is registered in the Netherlands with the company number 70975574.
The use of Chief Tools is subject to the below terms and conditions. Using Chief Tools constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Deviations from these terms and conditions is possible only by means of written confirmation by Chief Tools.
Article 1. Use of the service
- 1.1. To use Chief Tools, you first need to register. After completing registration, you can directly log into your account and use the service.
- 1.2. You must secure access to your account using the username and password against third parties. In particular you must keep the password strictly confidential. Chief Tools may assume that all actions undertaken from your account after logging in with your username and password is authorized and supervised by you. This means you are liable for these actions, unless and until you have notified Chief Tools that someone else knows your password.
- 1.3. Chief Tools processes your personal data. You give your consent for all forms of processing within the scope of the service. Consult the privacy statement of Chief Tools for more information.
- 2.1. It is not permitted to use Chief Tools for any purpose that violates Dutch or other applicable law or regulation. This includes (among others) the storage or transmission of data using the service that is slanderous, libelous or racist.
- 2.2. Should Chief Tools discover that you violate any of the above, or receive a complaint alleging the same, then Chief Tools may intervene to end the violation.
- 2.3. If in the opinion of Chief Tools the continued functioning of the computer systems or network of Chief Tools or third parties is actually or under threat of being damaged or jeopardized, for example through excessive transmission of e-mail or other data, leaks of personal data or virus activity, Chief Tools may take all steps it deems reasonably necessary to end or avert such damage or jeopardy.
- 2.4. Chief Tools is at all times entitled to file a criminal complaint for any offenses committed through or using the service. In addition Chief Tools is entitled to supply your name, address, IP-address and other identifying data to a third party alleging that you violate its rights or these terms and conditions, provided the validity of the complaint is clear, no other way of obtaining this information exists and the third party has an evident interest in obtaining this information.
Article 3. Availability and maintenance
- 3.1. Chief Tools uses its best efforts to have the service available at all times but makes no guarantees about uninterrupted availability.
- 3.2. Chief Tools actively maintains Chief Tools. Maintenance can take place at any time, even if this may negatively impact the availability of the service. Maintenance is announced in advance whenever possible.
- 3.3. Chief Tools may from time to time adapt Chief Tools. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome but ultimately Chief Tools decides which adaptations to carry out (or not).
Article 4. Intellectual property
- 4.1. The service Chief Tools, the accompanying software as well as all information and images on the website is the intellectual property of Chief Tools. None of these items may be copied or used without prior written permission of Chief Tools, except and to the extent permitted by mandatory law.
- 4.2. Information you store or process using the service is and remains your property (or the property of your suppliers or licensors). Chief Tools receives a limited license to use this information for the service, including for future aspects thereof. You can cancel this license by removing the information in question and/or terminating the agreement.
- 4.3. If you send information to Chief Tools, for example a bug report or suggestion for improvement, you grant Chief Tools a perpetual and unlimited license to use this information for the service. This does not apply to information you expressly mark as confidential.
- 4.4. Chief Tools shall refrain from accessing data you store or transfer using Chief Tools, unless this is necessary for a good provision of the service or Chief Tools is forced to do so by law or order of competent authority. In these cases Chief Tools shall use its best efforts to limit access to the information as much as possible.
Article 5. Compensation for the service
- 5.1. The use of certain functions of Chief Tools is subject to fees. The functions in question will inform you of the fees. The fee is due every month and must be paid in advance.
- 5.2. Payment is possible as explained further on the website.
- 5.3. Because the service is started directly at your express request, a payment cannot be refunded under the Distance Selling Act.
Article 6. Limitation of liability
- 6.1. Except in case of intentional misconduct or gross negligence the liability of Chief Tools shall be limited to the amount paid by you in the three months prior to the moment the cause of the damage occurred.
- 6.2. Chief Tools in no event is liable for indirect damages, consequential damages, lost profits, missed savings or damages through business interruption.
- 6.3. Damages may only be claimed if reported in writing to Chief Tools at most two months after discovery.
- 6.4. In case of force majeure Chief Tools is never required to compensate damages suffered by you. Force majeure includes among others disruptions or unavailability of the internet, telecommunication infrastructure, power interruptions, riots, traffic jams, strikes, company disruptions, interruptions in supply, fires and floods.
Article 7. Term and termination
- 7.1. This agreement enters into force as soon as you first use the service and then remains in force for a month.
- 7.2. After this period the agreement is silently renewed with successive terms of the same period. If you entered into this agreement as a consumer, you may after the first silent renewal terminate the agreement at any time with a notice period of one month, calculated from the moment of the notice. Non-consumers can terminate the agreement by the end of the term indicated in the previous clause with a notice period of one month.
- 7.3. Chief Tools is entitled to terminate the agreement if you have not used the service at all in the last 18 months. In such an event Chief Tools shall first send a reminder mail to the e-mail address connected to your account.
- 7.4. Please note: it is not possible to export data you store or process using the service.
Article 8. Changes to terms
- 8.1. Chief Tools may change or add to these terms and conditions as well as any prices at any time.
- 8.2. Chief Tools shall announce through the service changes or additions at least thirty days before their taking effect.
- 8.3. If you do not want to accept a change or addition, you can terminate the agreement until the date the changes take effect. Use of Chief Tools after the date of effect shall constitute your acceptance of the changed or added-to terms and conditions.
Article 9. Miscellaneous provisions
- 9.1. Dutch law applies to this agreement.
- 9.2. Except to the extent determined otherwise by mandatory applicable law all disputes arising in connection with Chief Tools shall be brought before the competent Dutch court for the principal place of business of Chief Tools.
- 9.3. For any clause in these terms and conditions that demand that a statement must be done “in writing” to be legally valid, a statement by e-mail or communication through the Chief Tools service shall be sufficient provided with sufficient certainty the authenticity of the sender can be established and the integrity of the statement has not been compromised.
- 9.4. The version of any communication of information as recorded by Chief Tools shall be deemed to be authentic, unless you supply proof to the contrary.
- 9.5. In case any part of these terms and conditions are declared legally invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the whole of the agreement. The parties shall in such an event agree on one or more replacement provisions that approximate the original intent of the invalid provision(s) within the limits of the law.
- 9.6. Chief Tools is entitled to transfer its rights and obligations under this agreement to a third party as part of an acquisition of Chief Tools or the associated business activities.